Downtown Tampa law firm is immediately seeking an Insurance Defense Legal Assistant. The ideal candidate will have an enthusiastic work ethic and provide support to clients, attorneys and staff. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transcribes dictation and legal documents through BigHand with intermittent time constraints, occasionally prepares correspondence on own initiative for approval of attorney. At the discretion of the Office Manager/Floor Supervisor, may be requested to assist with dictation outside of assigned attorney group.
- Maintains files; is responsible to assist with filing (sorting) or request file clerk assistance from Office Manager/Floor Supervisor.
- Responsible for scheduling depositions and various other meetings and appointments.
- Opens, reads, sorts mail for attorneys and ensures outgoing mail is timely prepared for pick-up/delivery.
- Enters attorney time entry according to established policies and procedures.
- Answers telephone, giving non-legal information when possible, refers calls to attorney and takes messages.
- Maintain attorney diary system.
- Requires knowledge of firm Policy Manual.
- May be required to make travel arrangements and hotel reservations for attorney.
- In an emergency, may need to deliver or collect documents for attorney at courthouse, other law office, etc.
- Scanning of invoices/correspondence/legal documents.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
- Required to maintain an acceptable and appropriate attendance record.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical and spelling errors.
- Ability to transcribe dictation, meet standards of accuracy and neatness with reasonable speed.
- Must be able to greet individuals pleasantly and represent the firm in an efficient, mature and professional manner.
- Observes and maintains confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Firm offers a great working environment, competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.