Tampa office of national civil defense litigation firm is seeking a full-time Paralegal with Litigation and Casualty experience including products liability, trucking and transportation, commercial premises liability and construction related injuries.
- Are you an organized, detail-oriented Paralegal who wants to play an important role on our legal team?
- Can you manage fast-paced discovery, prepare for trial and independently maintain a caseload?
- If you’re interested in advancing your Paralegal career and being appreciated for your skills, efforts and dedication, we want to hear from you!
Job duties may include:
- Obtain, review and analyze documents, including medical records and financial records, tax and employment records, or any other relevant information
- Provide a medical record chronology
- Prepare for trial by preparing trial notebooks, exhibits, and witness files
- Compile evidence and supporting information by searching records, discovery documents, transcripts, libraries, and databases
- Manage files and documents
- Coordinate with support services and clients, opposing law firms, and courts
- Manage court docket calendar
- Generate status reports, logs, and indexes
- Correspond with clients and opposing law firms
- Legal research
- Research and analysis of case issues, including medical research of facts, medical articles, and expert articles.
- Communication of issues with experts and investigation and analysis of expert qualifications and experience, including prior transcripts, testimony and articles.
- Perform additional duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- High attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate work
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to complete assignments within agreed deadlines by prioritizing workload
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills as they become necessary
- Practice and foster an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of Litigation/Casualty experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or an Associate’s degree. Paralegal Certificate from an ABA-approved program is preferred.
Firm offers a sound future, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package including:
- A comprehensive Health insurance package including: Medical, Dental, Prescription & Vision benefits
- A generous Paid Time Off policy and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking
- Hybrid (remote/in-office) schedule
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.