Tampa office of AV Rated regional law firm is immediately seeking an experienced Commercial Real Estate/Litigation Legal Assistant to work in the Tampa office. This position requires a high level of performance of legal administrative support duties for multiple Partners and the delivery of high-quality client service, and a commitment to integrity and excellence. Responsibilities include the prioritization, management and follow-through on multiple tasks, as well as effective, courteous, and professional communications with clients, attorneys, staff, and peers. Candidates should have experience working in a mid to large-size law firm, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment as well as collaborate with various firm-wide departments in handling multiple responsibilities, including opening new matters and cases, conflicts checks, billing, and records management.
- Experience in commercial real estate transactions, including, but not limited to, Purchase and Sale Agreements and Leasing.
- Knowledge of the rules and procedures utilized by various Federal and State court filing systems; an understanding of court requirements related to the calculation of deadlines and calendaring of same, to ensure attorneys and the team adhere to filing deadlines; and the ability to schedule and calendar court hearings pursuant to various court and judicial requirements.
- Process monthly client billing (paper and electronic billing). Review pre-bills for accuracy and completeness. Input necessary edits to timekeeper narratives. Possess the ability and willingness to learn additional client-driven billing systems.
- Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including extensive knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel. Experience working with law firm case management and billing software required. Knowledge of FileSite, CMS, SmartTime, and Aderant is a plus.
- Consistently deliver outstanding client service and quality.
- Experience providing administrative support to multiple attorneys, with a sustained record of high-quality work from inception to resolution, including, but not limited to, the ability to manage multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; excellent drafting and proofreading skills.
- Responsibilities will include: opening new matters and generating client conflict checks; arranging for payment of vendor invoices; application of checks to appropriate client/matter numbers; prompt preparation of timekeepers’ expense reports; scheduling and maintenance of timekeepers’ calendars; organization of materials received in various formats; process incoming and outgoing mail and other correspondence; answer, screen, direct, and place telephone calls and emails; arrange video conferencing and schedule internal and external conference calls with clients; promptly respond to client requests and internal communications in a professional manner, and work with the team to resolve issues as appropriate; maintain timekeepers’ files (paper and electronic), and prepare indexes of files for off-site storage, as necessary.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to maximize productivity and promote teamwork, assume responsibility for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality of all Firm and client information, records and files, and adhere to the Firm’s standards regarding attendance, punctuality, dress code and professionalism.
The above description is intended to describe the general nature and work employees perform in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, equalize peak work periods, or otherwise balance the workload.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Demonstrate dedication to producing quality work products.
- Pay attention to detail when completing work assignments.
- Organize and prioritize workload appropriately.
- Utilize resources appropriately to complete work in the most efficient manner.
- Cooperate and demonstrate flexibility when facing change.
- Interact effectively and courteously, in person, by telephone, and in writing, with attorneys, supervisors, co-workers, and other business professionals.
- Proactively communicate the status of work.
- Understand the need to ask questions and seek guidance.
- Express thoughts accurately and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Build effective relationships with coworkers and participate and contribute fully as a team member.
- Utilize the Firm’s technology to carry out job responsibilities.
- Seek new ways to utilize technology to improve efficiency.
- Five 5+ years of law firm experience preferred.
- Commercial Real Estate (Transactional) required/Business Litigation experience desired.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation, and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and good organizational and analytical skills.
- Flexible attitude and the ability to deal well with changing assignments and priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible for overtime, as needed.
- Core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with flexibility for overtime as needed.
- Physical attendance at the place of work.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.