A leading regional Florida law firm is seeking a Business Litigation Legal Assistant to its team. This Legal Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Experience working in a mid to large-size firm and collaboration with various firm-wide departments in handling multiple responsibilities, including case opening, conflicts checks, billing, training, records, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of the Rules of Procedure using various Court filing systems, must have experience filing pleadings in both Federal and State by the related Court requirements.
- Effective oral and written communication skills needed to draft and proofread correspondence, pleadings, and other legal documents.
- Experience tracking firm, attorney, and client expenses and using application software to process reimbursements and payments.
- Knowledge and ability to participate in the client billing process, including assisting attorneys in entering narratives, tracking billable tasks, making edits, calendaring billing due dates, and delivering bills to clients in electronic and paper forms.
- Schedule State Court hearings by Court requirements.
- Understand Court requirements to calculate deadlines and ensure the attorney and team meet them.
- Schedule client appointments in coordination with the attorney.
- Manage electronic and paper case files.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and other correspondence. Answer, screen, direct, and place telephone calls and emails.
- Consistently deliver outstanding client service and quality.
The above description is intended to describe the general nature and work employees perform in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, equalize peak work periods, or otherwise balance the workload.
Education and Experience
- Must have minimum five years of law firm experience, preferably as a litigation Legal Assistant.
- Experience working with multiple attorneys required.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully: typing/using a keyboard and writing by hand.
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Attendance in the office is required.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.