Downtown Tampa law firm is immediately seeking a trusts and estates Paralegal for its busy practice. This position performs a variety of legal administrative support duties and delivers high-quality service to clients, exhibiting commitment to integrity and excellence. Candidates for the role must have a thorough knowledge of law firm and practice specific administrative processes and procedures, information technology systems, research tools, and a broad-based understanding of the clients, matters, and associated practices. The scope of responsibilities includes prioritizing, managing, following through on multiple projects, and communicating effectively, courteously, and professionally with clients, attorneys, staff, and peers.
- Working knowledge of the Rules of Procedure governing probate courts as it relates to this role, including experience filing pleadings with the court in compliance with court requirements.
- Ability to prepare estate and trust accountings.
- Experience preparing gift, estate, and GST tax projections, including preparing Form 706, U.S. Estate (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Tax Returns.
- Prepare asset lists, analyze records, and determine beneficiaries of assets within the estate and trust or passing outside of the estate and trust.
- Assist court appointed personal representatives with the administration of the estate.
- Prepare accountings, reconcile bank and brokerage accounts, and manage all financial transactions within the estate and trust.
- Effective oral and written communication skills needed to draft and proofread correspondence, probate and trust related documentation, pleadings, and other legal documents.
- Interact and communicate with clients, fiduciaries, courts, and opposing counsel.
- Legal research and review of Official Records and Court Filings
- Assist the attorney in managing all trust funding to ensure the funding is completed in accordance with the terms of the trust and firm policy (such as recording Deeds, verifying Financial Accounts and Retirement Accounts are titled to avoid probate, etc.).
- Tracking and billing time to client files.
- Managing electronic and paper case files.
- Must be able to work a file from the initial intake through the conclusion of the matter with minimal supervision.
- The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or to otherwise balance the workload.
- Significant client facing experience.
- Familiarity with financial documents and tax returns.
- Knowledge of Florida Probate Court procedures, processes, and filing requirements.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including extensive knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and experience working with law firm case management and billing software required.
- Work in collaboration within a group and individually to ensure that clients are satisfied, includes the desire to understand client concerns and build trust.
- Thrives in a structured work environment (i.e. checklists, meetings, tracking board).
Great benefits package, including paid holidays, vacation, and sick time, 401(k), health benefits, and more. A criminal background check is required and must be successfully completed prior to employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.