Awesome boutique downtown Tampa law firm specializing in sophisticated real estate matters with an emphasis on business and property transactions, land use and zoning disputes is seeking a Real Estate Legal Assistant to join their busy and growing firm. The firm hires talented, committed professionals with a strong work ethic and a passion for the profession. Team members are provided the tools and the work environment they need to succeed by fostering positive connections with each other, with clients, and with the community at large.
The Legal Assistant will perform a wide variety of tasks which includes providing a high level of client service and support, while consistently producing an excellent work product. The ideal candidate must be very organized, detail oriented, proficient in basic computer skills; great written and verbal communication skills. Legal Assistant must have general knowledge of Commercial Real Estate and/or Land Use practice area, preferably from working at a law firm.
- Manage the day-to-day schedules of the attorneys. The ability to be proactive and to think ahead is greatly needed to perform well in this position.
- Assist attorneys and paralegals with preparation of legal documents. Create, edit, and proofread work product to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain calendars including appointments and meetings.
- Processing reimbursements, expense reports and check requests.
- Effectively manage projects by meeting deadlines and conducting follow-up as needed.
- Inputs, reviews, edits, and closes timekeepers’ time entries through time entry program using firm standards.
- Performs client, matter and timekeeper inquiries, and narrative edits.
- Opens new matters and generates client conflict checks. Sets up and maintains timekeeper’s work files, including daily and regular filing. Indexes and prepares files for off-site storage.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality of all Firm and client information, records, and files, both within and outside of the Firm.
- Minimum of three (3) years of Legal Assistant experience. Prior commercial real estate and/or land use experience is PREFERRED.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with a document management and time entry systems.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Attention to detail and good organizational and analytical skills.
- Flexible attitude and the ability to deal well with changing assignments, deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Client-oriented focus.
- BA/BS preferred, but not required.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.