South Tampa law firm is immediately seeking a full-time Litigation Legal Assistant who will be responsible for handling all aspects of the first half of foreclosure action including preparing initial pleadings for lawsuit, service of process, defaults, publication, and preparation of Motion for Summary Judgment package.
- Runs SCRA and Pacer reports
- Prepares initial pleadings for filing of foreclosure action under attorney’s direction and review
- Handles drafting, e-Filing, any required copying, uploading and/or mailing regarding service of process, defaults, publication of Notice of Action (if needed), and Motion for Summary Judgment
- Enters data into case management program including notes and To Dos regarding progress of foreclosure action
- Searches for any applicable administrative orders, local rules, judicial procedures, etc.
- Sets hearings as needed
- Responsible for maintaining physical or digital file
- Handles payment of costs associated with foreclosure and invoicing the client
- Assisting attorneys as needed
- Ability to use various client platforms and computer software as provided by firm
- Maintains confidentiality and protection of data
- Ability to effectively interact with clients, Defendants and Third-Party Vendors
- Ability to manage job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace
- Honesty and maintaining one’s composure in public.
Firm uses Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel), knowledge of VendorScape and/or PerfectPractice a PLUS!
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.