Small but mighty New Tampa law firm is seeking a Legal Assistant and Scheduler with at least two years of law firm experience to work in a fast paced and growing environment. Must have working knowledge/experience with: Word, Gmail, Westlaw, Adobe, and familiarity with Kofax (f/k/a Nuance) and Clio are preferred. Experience with first party property, property damage, bad faith insurance litigation claims are preferred.
Essential job responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Client intake to include greeting clients in person or on the telephone;
- Opening new matters.
- Preparing client retainer letters.
- Coordinate case preparation and file organization including transcribing, formatting, copying text, data, graphics, etc.
- Conserve attorneys time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, drafting and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; organizing client conferences, and attorney meetings; scheduling couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions; coordinating preparation of charts, graphs, and other courtroom visuals; preparing expense reports.
- Maintain attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, inspections, depositions, hearings, trials, travel and other ancillary matters related to the legal services provided by the firm; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitoring evidence-gathering; anticipating changes in litigation or transaction preparation requirements.
- Prepare and organize client files and other documents for attorneys.
- Organize and maintain documents in electronic filing system.
- Represent attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
- Input and tracking of attorney billable time, as requested;
- Organize and prepare exhibits and other documents for trial.
- Maintain attorney/client privilege at all times.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provide administrative support to all attorneys on staff.
- Track all billable and non-billable hours, with a minimum average of six billable per day.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.