South Tampa law firm is seeking a Commercial/General Litigation Paralegal to join its fast growing firm. The firm is dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. The philosophies that drive them are integrity, honor, and hard work.
Depending on experience and work allocation responsibilities may include the following:
- Administrative, including without limitation: processing incoming cases; setting up and maintaining files which are organized chronologically, numerically and/or by subject matter; setting up new matters in the billing software; E-Filing; inputting of billing entries; handling client communications;
- Calendar management, including without limitation: coordinating of hearings, depositions, trials, meetings; monitoring and complying with deadlines in accordance with Florida Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Discovery, including without limitation: drafting discovery responses; coordinating client production; gathering and organizing discovery; conducting Bates-stamping, redacting, duplicating and indexing of documents; working with outside vendors on electronic production under the guidance of an attorney; categorizing documents by subject matter; preparing a chronology of facts; creating production charts and index; and
- Litigation practice, including without limitation: working with attorneys in the preparation and filing of all court documents; creating, binding and distributing files and courtesy copies; organizing briefs, exhibits and appendices; drafting subpoenas/summons; preparing exhibits and organizing exhibits, files and all other supporting documents; coordinating trial set-up and logistics; assisting attorneys in the courtroom by taking notes, handling exhibits, and marking documents referred to by counsel; assisting in the preparation of witness testimony; maintaining status reports on all files; and monitoring deadlines.
Minimum requirements include:
- Ability to work independently to the extent practicable within professional guidelines and ethics.
- Demonstrate appropriate initiative, especially with attorney follow-up items.
- Excellent time-management, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to monitor a large caseload at various stages of proceeding.
- Work efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Dependability and reliability.
- Ability to capture an annual billable requirement.
Firm offers competitive pay, benefits, including medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401k and profit-sharing.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.