South Tampa Plaintiff’s Personal Injury firm is immediately seeking a Medical Records Coordinator. The ideal candidate will have worked in a physician’s office, a medical records collection company or in a law firm with some Plaintiff personal injury experience.
- Work with a litigation team consisting of a paralegal and attorney to obtain and prepare medical files of cases for mediations, depositions, and trial.
- Retrieve medical records by sending a formal request and tracking the request until records are received
- Classifying those records and uploading them into an electronic records repository.
- Updating the special damages, liens, and party information into case management system, Aderant Total Office.
- Initiate and follow through on requests for records and bills when presented with a properly completed medical release or subpoena.
- Make copies of records in response to in-coming requests for records.
- Receive, scan, classify, index, file and upload records into records repository.
- Recognize how medical records relate to a patient’s case and update the special damages, liens, and parties in Aderant Total Office.
- Review and audit medical records for accuracy and completeness. Prepare as needed for trial, mediation or attorney review.
- Organize records to avoid duplication of information.
- Prepare invoices to recover cost of providing services.
- Participate in project-related meetings, specifically when meetings relate to medical records.
- Perform other duties to support paralegal as required.
Special Skills/Licenses/Training/Certifications Necessary:
- Basic understanding of medical records.
- Ability to communicate with a range of providers, prioritize work effectively and must be able to multi task in a fast-paced, oriented law office environment.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, strong analytical and critical thinking skills and must be process driven and self-motivated to follow up until task is completed.
- Proficient use of Client Profiles/Aderant Total Office, Microsoft Office 2007 or later, and Adobe Acrobat Pro preferred.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills are critical.
- Able to take direction from paralegal, attorney, and senior clerk.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.