South Tampa office of national law firm is immediately seeking a Legal Assistant or Paralegal with three to five years of experience in First Party Property litigation. Said individual will assist the attorney from the beginning of a case through the end of the trial or settlement. The legal assistant/paralegal will communicate with clients and witnesses to gather information pertinent to the case and discuss with the attorney a plan for the case and a strategy for getting it resolved. He or She will gather all documents and organize them so they can be used throughout the case and at trial.
- Organize and maintain documents in a paper and/or electronic filing system;
- Communicate with clients, witnesses, referral sources, opposing counsel and judges;
- Conduct legal research;
- Investigate the facts of the case to discuss with attorney;
- Gather and arrange evidence and other legal documents for attorney review and case preparation;
- Prepare case summaries for the attorney;
- Draft legal pleadings and prepare responses for the attorney to review;
- File exhibits, briefs, appeals and other legal documents with the court and/or opposing counsel;
- Schedule in person meetings, telephone conferences, depositions, mediations, hearings and trials;
- Assist attorney with preparing Complaint and initial discovery;
- Respond to discovery propounded upon the client(s);
- Prepare attorney for meetings, hearings, depositions and trials;
- Prepare deposition and hearing notebooks;
- Coordinate logistics for attending depositions, mediations and hearing by reserving office space, court reporters, videographers and arranging for any computers or other equipment, if necessary;
- Prepare trial notebooks and exhibits.
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Research skills
- Ability to draft legal documents
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
In office. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers and fax machines.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Work Experience in a law firm as a Legal Assistant/Paralegal (on the job training)
- Associate’s degree in Paralegal Studies
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.