Well-respected law firm with offices in Clearwater and Ocala is immediately seeking a Probate Paralegal/Legal Assistant to join its busy Clearwater probate practice.
Duties (not an all inclusive list):
- Assist with all aspects of probate
- Prepare court pleadings, court orders, engagement letters, letters
- Effectively correspond with and prepare correspondence to clients, financial institutions, and beneficiaries to obtain needed information
- Obtain, track, and complete all required forms to transfer financial accounts
- File claims for insurance proceeds and death benefits
- Correspond effectively with probate court as needed
- Promptly respond to clients on questions
- Help prepare our attorney for guardianship proceedings
- Update files
- Scan, copy and file
- Perform E-filing tasks
- Managing multiple case files (electronic and hard copy);
- Documenting billable hours for casework.
- Office administration (i.e. answering the phone, processing the mail, etc.)
- Prior probate experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word with a strong aptitude toward math and basic calculations.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to document clearly
- Notary Public a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of the internet, legal research tools, court websites, and familiarity with practice management software preferred
- Comfortable in supporting more than one attorney and interacting with clients and other professionals
- Ability to prioritize workloads with chancing priorities and manage workflow process effectively
- Client service-oriented—must be passionate about helping our clients and their families; take pride in and joy in providing the highest-quality services possible; and enjoy creating a welcoming and warm environment
- Confident, polished, professional demeanor and appearance, including how you speak and how you act with clients and other professionals
- Able to learn, accurately follow, and manage workflow systems
- Self-starter who thrives on immersion in a rapidly changing environment and excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with great follow-through and resourcefulness along with attention to detail
- Prior law firm experience is preferred but not required.
Our firm treats our clients and staff like family. As a close-knit team, we support each other in our roles to deliver a great experience to our clients and their families. The right candidate will be excited about working in a team environment with the opportunity to grow. The candidate must be able to work with our clients in an organized and efficient manner.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.