Premier AMLAW and AV rated regional law firm, honored as one of the Best Places to Work, is immediately seeking a Legal Assistant with a minimum of five (5) years of corporate and litigation experience, both State and Federal, to support Attorneys, Paralegals & other team members in the firm’s Corporate and Construction Law Practice Groups. Additional experience in commercial, employment, construction and real estate matters is preferred but not required. Legal Assistants perform various administrative tasks, including providing a high level of client service and support while consistently producing an excellent work product. The Assistant maintains general knowledge of the firm’s practice areas/groups and specialized knowledge of the assigned timekeepers’ practice area(s) and clients to ensure extraordinary client satisfaction.
- Following the Firm’s established document processing methods and procedures creates, edits, spell checks, and proofreads work product to ensure accuracy and completeness. Accurately transcribes from tapes, handwritten materials, and/or dictation. Prepares various forms and creates new documents using the Firm’s Best Practice methods.
- Schedules and maintains timekeepers’ calendars, where appropriate.
- Inputs, reviews, edits, and closes timekeepers’ time entries through the Firm’s time entry program using Firm standards.
- Handles monthly client billing (paper and electronic billing). Review billing prebills for accuracy and completeness. Performs client, matter, timekeeper inquiries, and narrative edits.
- Prepares timekeepers’ expense reports in promptly arranging for payment of vendor invoices or checks to be drawn and charged to appropriate client/matter numbers.
- Opens new matters and generates client conflict checks.
- Sets up and maintains timekeeper’s work paper and electronic files, including daily and regular filing. Indexes and prepares files for off-site storage.
- Prints and organizes various documents received in multiple formats, including emails and attachments.
- As requested, answer the telephone and accurately takes and relay messages. Arranges for video conferencing and sets up conference calls.
- Volunteers for overflow work.
- Actively seeks to maximize productivity and promote teamwork.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality of all Firm and client information, records, and files, both within and outside of the Firm.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Responds to customer/client requests in a professional manner.
- Identifies and responds to customer/client issues/problems in a timely manner and seeks feedback/follow-up as appropriate.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the firm’s culture, practices, business, and structure.
- Demonstrates knowledge and adherence to basic firm policies, procedures, and processes.
- Takes initiative beyond routine responsibility.
- Seeks and accepts new responsibilities.
- Seeks development opportunities to enhance skills.
- Owns mistakes and takes corrective action.
- Meets work deadlines as assigned.
- Meets firm standards for attendance and punctuality.
- Meets deadlines for all required firm processes, including timesheets, time entry, and other financial documentation.
- Works well independently.
- Demonstrates dedication to producing quality work products.
- Pays attention to detail when completing work assignments.
- Organizes and prioritizes workload appropriately.
- Utilizes resources appropriately to complete work in the most efficient manner.
- Cooperates and demonstrates flexibility when facing change.
- Interacts effectively and courteously, in person, by telephone, and in writing with attorneys, supervisors, co-workers, and other business professionals.
- Proactively communicates the status of work.
- Understands the need to ask questions and seek guidance.
- Expresses thoughts accurately and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Builds effective relationships with coworkers.
- Participates and contributes fully as a team member.
- Utilizes technology to carry out job responsibilities.
- Determines the most appropriate technology accomplish a task.
- Seeks ways to utilize technology to improve efficiency.
- Five (5) plus years of office experience preferred.
- Law firm experience preferred.
- Billing experience, including electronic billing, is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- 60 wpm typing speed, excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation, and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and good organizational and analytical skills.
- Flexible attitude and the ability to deal well with changing assignments and priorities.
- Flexible for overtime.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., including lunch hour, with flexibility for overtime as needed.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIRED.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.