Tampa office of a national company is seeking a Risk & Compliance Analyst to support its Chief Compliance Officer and Director of Risk & Compliance. This position is a dual role that combines expertise and responsibilities of a senior level Paralegal (legal role) to also meet the company’s current needs in the compliance function (compliance role). This role provides Paralegal and administrative duties, and performs a variety of paralegal, secretarial, technical and administrative functions. The position involves regular interaction with senior and executive management, clients, businesses, courts, local, state and federal government offices and law firms. Responsible for maintaining internal filing databases and assisting the Risk & Compliance Department with legal research, data collection, investigations, document review and preparation, and file maintenance. The compliance analyst role complements and supports the paralegal role and has added responsibilities for serving as a company contact for handling of third party provider questionnaires sent by the company’s clients for timely completion and in preparing the responses to such third party provider questionnaires. Additionally, the compliance analyst role has responsibility for serving in all other capacities as management may require as regards completing, managing, tracking and responding to all client inquiries about the company in its capacity as a third party provider.
This position works with all departments of the company under the supervision and direction of the Risk & Compliance Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Chief Compliance Officer and Director of Risk & Compliance with legal, clerical and administrative functions and support. Prepare, review, analyze and transmit correspondence, memoranda and legal documents;
- Research, review and maintain current knowledge of primary and other sources of local, state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines;
- Review, analyze, and ensure that the company is compliant with all local, state and federal laws and regulations;
- Assist executives, Risk & Compliance and all other departments with legal research, obtaining court information and performing court document searches, obtaining local, state, federal laws, regulations and guidelines, document preparation and production, and act as a liaison between the company and outside counsel, clients, businesses, local, state and federal government offices;
- Perform legal research, including rules, statutes, judicial decisions and legal articles; obtaining information from courts and local, state and federal government websites including courts, tax, property and other informational websites;
- Maintain up-to-date local and state business and professional licensing for all divisions of the company;
- Responsive to client requests for assistance with complaints (including consumer complaints) and court related disputes over services provided; implement, maintain and own all reporting related to management of such disputes, and have keen ability to identify escalation points in all such dispute management and follow proper escalation procedures (involving internal/external counsel, informing Executive and senior management, involving HR, etc.).
- Assist with and/or complete third party provider questionnaires sent by the company’s clients for timely completion;
- Assist with and/or complete End-User Credentialing for Data Service Clients;
- Assist with the completion of Agreements with new clients and/or Agreement Renewals with existing clients;
- Maintain, organize and update the Risk & Compliance Department’s record docketing system, including Contract Advantage, for all legal/compliance deadlines, litigation matters, licensing, and corporate leases;
- Perform clerical and administrative duties including preparation of correspondence, file organization and maintenance, data entry, copy, index and summarize documents; maintenance and completion of ProVest forms, schedule conference calls and meetings, document transmittal, and prioritize and manage day–to-day projects as required;
- Manage multiple projects/assignments simultaneously;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Experience as a paralegal for 5 years preferred;
- Paralegal certification preferred;
- Exercise sound analytical skills and possesses business and technical expertise to execute assigned
- Proven project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Experience in leading multiple assignments/projects and meet team goals within constraints and
- Project professional cooperative demeanor at all times;
- High integrity and trustworthiness;
- Effective time management, organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Exercises sound judgment and critical thinking; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel skills a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.