Downtown Tampa law firm is immediately seeking an experienced Elder Law Paralegal to join its busy practice. This position supports a hardworking attorney with a growing caseload. Must be detail oriented with an eagerness to learn. Experience with Probate and Estate Planning is a PLUS!
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Client Contact – Communicates with clients via mail, email and telephone to set up appointments, discusses draft documents and changes to documents, and answer general client inquiries.
- Communicates with the Department of Children and Families, CPA’s, financial advisors, and insurance companies, when necessary.
- Problem Solving – Proactively anticipates and resolves issues quickly.
- Process Improvement – Makes recommendations to improve processes that will increase the service quality and efficiency and responsiveness to clients.
- Draft and revise draft documents, run final documents for execution. Drafts should be completed within 72 hours of receiving assignment.
- Real Estate/Land Records – Verify property ownership, obtain property descriptions from public records, record deeds on the land records, and verify insurance coverage, when appropriate.
- Client Execution Meetings – Meet with the client initially to review the final documents and field any questions they may have, know when to bring questions to the Attorney’s attention, and have the client write their initials on the documents where indicated.
- Tickler System – Use and regularly update the firm’s tickler system to track file activity and to document work completed and work to be completed.
- Other Duties – Perform other duties, as assigned, including scanning documents and conforming documents.
The Elder Law Paralegal’s responsibility is to draft documents detailing assets and income sources and other documentation, proposed plans and confirmed plans. Legal documents for Estate Planning and to establish Medicaid Eligibility. The Elder Law Paralegal would be responsible for process Medicaid Applications. Supports attorneys with various tasks including monitoring calendar daily, meeting with clients and preparing for upcoming meetings. This position works collaboratively with the attorney in completing legal work in a timely manner.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Associates Degree or Certificate in Paralegal Studies from an ABA approved program.
- Two or more years of experience working in an Administrative Assistant, Paralegal position.
- Excellent client service and communications skills – both oral and written.
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrated experience with the Florida Access website for Medicaid applications, Microsoft Office 365 including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to anticipate client needs and to avoid surprises and unpreparedness.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Benefits include paid time off, although a waiting period may apply. Hours are Monday thru Friday, 8 hours per shift, times of which may be rotated along with other staff employee’s and attorney’s schedules.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.