National process serving company is immediately seeking a Processing Clerk to join its team! While adhering to department and company policies, the position requires extensive computer usage (typing, emails, data entry, database and web-based navigation), in addition to assuring the timely receipt and processing of legal documents in a team production environment. Candidate will provide general back office functions commonly found in a legal setting- typing, emails, data entry, database and web-based navigation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Input and update status of cases in proprietary system and establish work priorities by pulling electronic reports for clients and counties and/or Process Servers assigned
- Assigning Jobs to Servers
- Auditing (i.e., closed jobs, servers)
- Follow up with process servers for status via phone and email in an effort to push for quick resolution and document accordingly
- Learn and apply client and county specific requirements to daily work production. Become familiar with rules of Civil Procedure
- Provide effective communication daily with clients, vendors and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner in person, telephonically or via email.
- Reroute and track documents
- Open mail/cases and route out as required. Review new cases data entry for accuracy
- Meet or exceed Key Performance Standards regarding: timeliness of case status, case notes, and obtaining status to move cases to next phase of service
- Expedite resolution of errors made by Process Servers on submitted affidavits
- Develop understanding of court dockets
- Performs other duties as required (i.e. printing and scanning documents, proofing documents, etc.)
- Serve as back up in a team member’s absence and assist other teams when required.
- Meet all training requirements and apply what has been trained in your daily work product and interactions with team members and customers
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with clients and working to establish a positive rapport with every caller
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of office experience
- Proficient typing skills (30 wpm)
- Professional communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience with office machine operations
- Microsoft Office Suite experience (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to understand departmental operations and procedures
- Familiarity with legal documents preferred
- Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a very fast paced often changing environment
Due to the nature of the Company’s needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.