Mid-sized AV Rated Tampa law firm is immediately seeking an experienced Litigation Paralegal with 5+ years of experience in construction litigation. We are interested in a professional with a positive work ethic who loves what they do because they know they are on the front line in providing a high level of service to attorneys, staff, and clients. We think that means you need great people skills, patience, and the ability to multitask and prioritize. We need someone proactive and confident in their commitment to our attorneys and clients.
- Experience working in a mid to large-sized firm and collaborating with various firm-wide departments to handle various responsibilities, including case opening, conflict checks, billing, training, records, etc.
- Working knowledge of the rules of procedure governing courts relating to this role, including experience filing pleadings with the court in compliance with court requirements.
- Conduct investigations, engage in legal research, develop draft pleadings, prepare motions for review by an assigned attorney, and assist in discovery.
- Research legal issues.
- Act as liaison with designated outside counsel and their paralegal staff.
- Advise attorney on the priority needs and status of assigned cases.
- Prepare draft affidavits of documents, maintain case correspondence and document files.
- Contact court administrators and regulatory bodies as needed.
- Write memoranda to summarize research results.
- Handle document productions to include retrieval, review, and upload to databases.
- Cite-check and edit legal documents.
- Maintain documents, transcript, and work product databases.
- Organize and prepare exhibit lists and privilege logs.
- Responsible for coordination of work with outside document/litigation vendors.
- Assist with trial preparation, including the readiness of courtrooms and attendance at trials.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to draft and proofread correspondence, pleadings, and other legal documents.
- Experience tracking and billing professional time to client files.
- Manage electronic and paper case files.
- The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. You may be required to perform other duties as assigned, which may include work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or to otherwise balance the workload.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
- Must have an associate degree in paralegal or legal studies or paralegal certificate. Bachelor’s degree in paralegal or legal studies preferred.
- Must have a minimum of five years of law firm experience, preferably as a construction litigation paralegal.
- Experience working with multiple attorneys required.
- Florida construction litigation experience required.
- Florida Registered Paralegal (FRP) preferred.
- Experience with Chapter 558 Pre-Suit Requirements for Defect Claims required.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure and time constraints.
- Ability to effectively balance assignments and workflow from multiple attorneys.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple responsibilities.
- Strong attention to detail, initiative and follow-through required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly express thoughts to others and exchange information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments, vendors, and clients.
- Knowledge of Florida Court procedures, processes, and filing requirements.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including extensive knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and experience working with law firm case management and billing software required. Knowledge of FileSite, CMS, SmartTime, and Aderant a plus.
- Working knowledge of Relativity is required.
- Usual work hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with a one-hour lunch. Overtime may be required from time to time.
- We offer a benefits package that includes paid holidays, vacation, and sick time, 401(k), health benefits, and more.
- A criminal background check is required and must be completed before employment.
Technology training for firm-utilized software is provided during onboarding.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.