ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize and maintain all personal injury files, paper and digital.
• Maintain and manage the calendar to include all (including trial) deadlines in accordance with the local rules, reminders and events.
• Review all personal injury case files to ensure all documents needed have been received/mailed including but not limited to Letters of Representation to Insurance Companies and Health Providers, requesting and receiving Medical Bills and Medical Records, double checking the Medical Bill Summary for accuracy and consistent updating, obtaining accident/incident reports when necessary, requesting PIP logs and any health insurance lien summaries.
• Coordinate all legal scheduling for the attorneys including but not limited to Hearing, Depositions, Mediation, Arbitration, client meetings and meetings with Opposing Counsel.
• Communicate with clients to give and receive case updates, schedule events such as depositions, IME’s, mediations, etc…
• Communicate with insurance adjusters to discuss case updates, coverage, PIP applications, and demand.
• Proofread all documents received from attorneys and legal assistant.
• Work with legal assistant to ensure proper handling on personal injury cases.
• E-file and E-serve all pleadings through the electronic filing portal; Prepare all new cases for filing and service of process.
• Prepare cases for the demand process including but not limited to MMI reports, requesting and updating medical records and billing, updating PIP logs, Lien logs, and health insurance payments, and updating the Medical Bill Summary.
• Coordinate depositions by contacting clients, witnesses, physicians, and opposing counsel; prepare notices accordingly; schedule court reporter as necessary
• Other duties assigned when necessary.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of personal injury paralegal experience is required
• The individual must have the ability to read, interpret, understand, and write the English and Spanish language. The individual must be able to read, analyze and interpret business correspondences, policies and procedures, legal research and technical procedures.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of internet software, spreadsheets software and word processing software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and preferably Trialworks.
• Design: Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving: Identifies and Resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skillfully.
• Reasoning: The individual should have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in writing, oral or schedule form, and independently resolve minor issues and disputes.
• Oral Communication: Listens and gets clarification; responds to discrepancies by communicating in a timely manner to the attorneys with issues and possible resolutions; communicate clearly and effectively so as to include all facts and information; responds well to questions and delegation.
• Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; able to read and interpret written information.
• Professionalism: Accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
• Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
• Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Relationships with Others: Works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company; exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive work relationships.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.