Boutique Tampa, Florida law firm seeks a Paralegal with experience in First Party Property Plaintiff litigation to work in a growing, fast paced and team environment. Must have working knowledge/experience with: Word, Gmail, Westlaw, Adobe, and familiarity with Kofax (f/k/a Nuance) and Clio is preferred. The ideal candidate will also have property insurance, insurance defense, plaintiff, and/or bad faith property litigation experience.
The applying candidate should have the following highly desired skills:
- Strong computer proficiency.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Time management & planning.
- Ability to manage and organize documents.
- Solid attention to detail.
- Strong self-motivation.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments for multiple attorneys.
- Solid character and judgment.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to perform with the goal of aggressively moving our litigation cases forward.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to keep confidential case and client matters.
- Dependable and the ability to work well in an office environment.
- Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and summarize records, documents, correspondence, and files into a manageable format.
- Analyze and review case documents in order to assist in deposition, hearing, and trial preparation; to include legal research (prior use of Westlaw preferred).
- Conduct investigations and research into facts and material issues in the cases.
- Work closely with clients, witnesses, experts, third parties, and opposing counsel to obtain information pertinent to the case matter.
- Assist attorneys in drafting pleadings with corresponding exhibits, correspondence, subpoenas for records, disclosures and other various types of motions while under the supervision of an attorney.
- Work closely with other office personnel to coordinate attorney depositions, hearings, and activities related to depositions and hearing (i.e. court reporter, witnesses, opposing counsel).
- Respond to Discovery Requests, to include requests for production, requests for admissions, and interrogatories. Preparing discovery requests. Monitoring and obtaining discovery responses from opposing counsel.
- Process pleadings, motions and correspondence (e-service and physical) and use of the Florida e-filing portal.
- Prepare materials in support of hearings and depositions; to include legal research (prior use of Westlaw preferred).
- Completing other duties as needed.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIRED.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.