St. Petersburg office of solo practitioner is immediately seeking a Legal Assistant | Paralegal with at least five (5) years of relevant experience in a law firm setting to join its busy practice. This position assists an attorney in organizing and handling commercial real estate transactions, including leases, purchase and sale agreements, closings and post-closing procedures. Must have proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Preparing and following up on client engagement letters. Opening new files in practice management software and generates client conflict checks.
- Organization and review of due diligence materials, requesting tenant estoppel certificates, reviewing purchase and sale agreements and commercial leases for critical dates and maintaining calendar of critical dates.
- Drafting real-estate-related documents, such as amendments to purchase and sale agreements and commercial leases. Assist attorney with preparation of legal documents. Create, edit, and proofread work product to ensure accuracy.
- Receiving requests for title commitments for transactions and requesting title reports or certificates of title from title companies; receiving and reviewing title commitments and drafting title objection letters and analysis of surveys.
- Communicating by telephone, in person and in writing with buyers, sellers, realtors, lenders, appraisers, surveyors, insurance companies, title insurance companies, taxing authorities, attorneys, and various other individuals and entities in connection with obtaining all necessary information for commercial real estate transactions.
- Scheduling closings and reviewing of closing documentation received from others; preparation of closing documents, including closing statements, affidavits, tax information statements, payoff letter requests, representation letters, closing binders and disbursement sheets; participation in closings; requesting title updates; receiving title updates, and generally assisting attorney with all aspects of transactions, including gathering of preliminary information, ascertaining that closing is conducted in compliance with lender’s instructions, and compilation of closing documents upon completion.
- Occasional research of land records.
- Supervision Received and/or Given:
- Work closely with attorney on workflow and document production and organization.
- Work with attorney on legal timekeeping and invoicing.
- Monthly reporting to title insurance companies on policies issued and opening of new files.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- College Degree preferred.
- Certified Paralegal Certificate – Florida Bar
- Florida Notary Public
Prior commercial real estate experience preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.