Established and well-respected Central Tampa law firm with nine attorneys seeks a full time Legal Assistant with at least four years of relevant experience in probate, estate planning and trust administration.
The ideal candidate must be able to handle an entire probate case from start to finish, feel comfortable speaking with clients and attorneys, handle intake interviews and processes, manage and diary cases, set hearings, preparing retainer agreements, petitions, motions and other pleadings, and independently follow up on open items. Must also have excellent writing and organizational skills and be able work both independently and with other team members as needed. Also, must be willing to learn title work as one of the attorney represents Homeowner’s and Condo Owner’s Associations.
- Interact and communicate with clients, fiduciaries and opposing counsel;
- Organize and maintain client files;
- Calendar and manage deadlines;
- Draft probate and trust administration pleadings and correspondence;
- Draft and revise estate planning documents;
- Prepare asset lists, analyze records, and determine beneficiaries;
- Keep track of billable time;
- E-file court documents;
- Coordinate telephone calls and hearings; and
- Perform various administrative work required to organize and maintain files (copying, scanning, faxing, etc.);
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned; and
- Fiduciary accounting knowledge is a PLUS!
- Have high school diploma or the equivalent;
- Have at least four years of experience in Florida probate, estate and trust administration;
- Have knowledge of Florida Probate Court procedures, notice requirements, processes and filings;
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); PC Law and Amicus, MS Office
- Be highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Have exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Be knowledgeable of the probate process from start to finish, including settlements and contested matters;
- Maintain a professional and positive demeanor;
- Have capacity to multi-task and remain organized; and
- Be able to complete tasks quickly and efficiently.
What this Firm Offers:
- 401(k) and matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid Parking
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIRED.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.