Bradenton law firm with a focus on catastrophic medical malpractice cases is immediately seeking a bilingual (preferred) Litigation Paralegal to handle the flow of paperwork, calendaring, filing court documents etc. in a professional and timely manner. The ideal candidate will have medical malpractice litigation Paralegal experience, possess professional appearance and demeanor, and have the ability to multitask and work well under pressure. A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in medical malpractice litigation is required. This is not an entry-level position. Competitive salary and benefits.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIRED.
- Respond promptly to legal requests under the guidance of the staff attorney
- Confidently prepare and draft correspondence and legal documents (including pleadings and discovery), with outstanding grammar and attention to detail
- Preparation for trial
- Contact and maintain relationships with experts
- Scheduling/calendaring depositions, meetings, deadlines, etc.
- Analyze and research facts to succinctly frame legal questions or issues for attorney review
- Medical records retrieval, reading, research
- Knowledge of Local, State and Federal Court Systems
- Familiarity with E-filing procedures in Florida
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and change priorities at the drop of a hat
- Various other duties associated with file management
- Advanced skill required: Microsoft Office, Adobe/Foxit, Zoom Meetings
- Attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Punctuality, dependability, and reliable transportation is required
- Ability to work Monday-Friday, from 9:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m., and occasionally stay late when needed
Desired Experience, Skills & Strengths:
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate road blocks and problems
- Problem solving
- Skilled in research and case analysis
- Ability to stay organized and change priorities at the drop of a hat
- Works well under pressure and meets deadlines
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.