Mid-sized, well-established regional insurance defense law firm is immediately seeking an energetic Legal Assistant/Paralegal Hybrid with at least 3 to 5 years of experience in the full insurance defense and Plaintiff Personal Injury litigation cycle. This position will support a Managing Partner with a heavy caseload.
Responsibilities and duties will include but are not limited to:
- Transcription of legal documents, i.e., Complaints, deposition/medical records summaries with precise terminology and speed.
- Coordinate and confirm meetings, hearings, mediations and deposition schedules.
- Field incoming inquiries regarding court related details.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
- Communicate legal details to clients in a clear and precise manner.
- Maintain an updated and accurate calendar.
- Perform clerical duties in a timely manner to include faxes, copies, incoming/outgoing mail, research, retrieve and update information in clients’ case files, computer directories and discs.
- Respond to clients in a professional manner at all times to best represent the firm and expand business.
- Provide clerical assistance and instruction to co-workers as needed, opening new matters, maintain professional office environment and promote a positive image for the firm.
- Have excellent time management skills, organization, be a self-starter who is able to work well in a teamwork driven environment managing fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Provide litigation support, i.e., preparation of legal documents, correspondence, trial exhibits, presentation material for hearings, mediations and trials.
- Familiarity with Florida Rules of Civil Procedure as well as Federal and Local Rules of the Middle District is a MUST.
The ideal candidate will also be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Outlook/Excel), Orion, Worldox and have a fast and accurate typing speed. This firm offers a generous benefits package and a collegial work environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.