AV Rated Sarasota law firm is seeking an experienced Commercial Real Estate Paralegal with a great work ethic, a positive and collegial attitude and a proactive approach for our busy real estate practice. This position requires strong transactional experience handling commercial real estate work and effective oral and written communication skills needed to draft and proofread correspondence, real estate transaction documentation and other legal documents. The ideal candidate for this position will have an eye for detail, strong organizational skills, and a thorough understanding of real estate transactions. Other desirable attributes are knowledge of law firm and practice specific processes and procedures, information technology systems, research tools. We are offering the chosen candidate the opportunity to work in a stable, friendly and supportive environment.
- Preparing and tracking closing checklists.
- Coordinating due diligence.
- Handling title and survey matters, including producing title commitments, policies, and endorsements, reviewing exceptions on commitments and reviewing surveys.
- Preparing and reviewing real estate closing documents, including closing statements, deeds, and other real property related documents
- Recording documents, including electronically with Simplifile.
- Coordinating and attending real estate closings.
- Managing real estate post-closing documentation and ensuring accurate records are retained.
- Interacting and communicating with clients, vendors, and opposing counsel.
- Performing research and review of Official Records and Court Filings
- Assisting attorneys in managing closing disbursements to ensure funding is completed in accordance with the terms of the closing documents and firm policy.
- Tracking and billing time to client files.
- Managing electronic and paper matter files.
The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or to otherwise balance the workload.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
- Must have bachelor’s degree or comparable experience.
- Must have a minimum of five years of law firm administrative experience, preferably as a real estate paralegal.
- Experience working with multiple attorneys required.
- Florida Registered Paralegal (FRP) preferred.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure and time constraints.
- Ability to effectively balance assignments and workflow from multiple attorneys.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong attention to detail, initiative, and follow-through.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly express thoughts to others and exchange information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments, vendors, and the public.
- Significant client facing experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including extensive knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and experience working with law firm case management and billing software. Knowledge of FileSite, CMS, SmartTime, and Aderant a plus.
- Work in collaboration within a group and individually to ensure that clients are satisfied, includes the desire to understand client concerns and build trust.
- Usual work hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with a one-hour lunch. Overtime work may be required from time to time.
- Great benefits package, including paid holidays, vacation, and sick time, 401(k), health benefits, and more.
- A criminal background check is required and must be successfully completed prior to employment.
- Technology training for firm utilized software is provided during onboarding. COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIRED.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.