Tampa office of regional law firm. This position performs paralegal support duties and delivers high-quality service to clients, exhibiting commitment to integrity and excellence. Candidates for the role must have a thorough knowledge of law firm and practice specific processes and procedures, information technology systems, research tools, and a broad-based understanding of the clients, matters, and associated practices. The scope of responsibilities includes tracking and maintaining case-related dates and information, extensive document and database management, analyzing and culling data, collaborating with internal and external personnel, conducting review and production of discovery, preparing and finalizing deposition, hearing, and trial exhibits; assisting with drafting, proofreading, editing and filing court documents; and assisting with pre, during and post-trial preparations.
We are interested in a professional with a positive work ethic who loves what they do because they know they are on the front line in providing a high level of service to our attorneys, staff, and clients. We think that means you need great people skills, patience, and the ability to multitask and prioritize. We need someone proactive and confident in their commitment to our attorneys and clients.
- Experience working in a mid to large-sized firm and collaborating with various firm-wide departments to handle various responsibilities, including case opening, conflict checks, billing, training, records, etc.
- Working knowledge of the rules of procedure governing courts relating to this role, including experience filing pleadings with the court in compliance with court requirements.
- Conduct investigations, engage in legal research, develop draft pleadings, prepare motions for review by an assigned attorney, and assist in discovery.
- Research legal issues.
- Act as liaison with designated outside counsel and their paralegal staff.
- Advise attorney on the priority needs and status of assigned cases.
- Prepare draft affidavits of documents, maintain case correspondence and document files.
- Contact court administrators and regulatory bodies as needed.
- Write memoranda to summarize research results.
- Handle document productions to include retrieval, review, and upload to databases.
- Cite-check and edit legal documents.
- Maintain documents, transcript, and work product databases.
- Organize and prepare exhibit lists and privilege logs.
- Responsible for coordination of work with outside document/litigation vendors.
- Assist with trial preparation, including the readiness of courtrooms and attendance at trials.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to draft and proofread correspondence, pleadings, and other legal documents.
- Experience tracking and billing professional time to client files.
- Manage electronic and paper case files.
The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. You may be required to perform other duties as assigned, which may include work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or to otherwise balance the workload.
Education and Experience:
- Must have an associate degree in paralegal or legal studies or paralegal certificate. Bachelor’s degree in paralegal or legal studies preferred.
- Must have a minimum of five years of law firm experience, preferably in a business law firm as a litigation paralegal.
- Experience working with multiple attorneys required.
- Florida Registered Paralegal (FRP) preferred.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure and time constraints.
- Ability to effectively balance assignments and workflow from multiple attorneys.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple responsibilities.
- Strong attention to detail, initiative and follow-through required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly express thoughts to others and exchange information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments, vendors, and clients.
- Knowledge of Florida Court procedures, processes, and filing requirements.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including extensive knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and experience working with law firm case management and billing software required. Knowledge of FileSite, CMS, SmartTime, and Aderant a plus.
- Working knowledge of Relativity is required.
- Usual work hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with a one-hour lunch. Overtime may be required from time to time.
- We offer a benefits package that includes paid holidays, vacation, and sick time, 401(k), health benefits, and more.
- A criminal background check is required and must be completed before employment.
- Technology training for firm-utilized software is provided during onboarding.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIRED.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.