Regional law firm with offices in Tampa is immediately seeking Appellate | Business Litigation Legal Assistant to join its team. The perfect candidate for this position will have an eye for detail, strong organizational skills, and an understanding of appellate and business litigation law. The firm, nominated as one of Tampa Bay’s Best Places to Work, offers a collegial work environment and excellent benefits.
- Proven ability and experience handling all aspects of administrative support needed to assist attorneys in appeals cases from inception to resolution with a sustained record of high-quality work.
- Working knowledge of the federal and state rules of appellate procedure and related administrative orders governing litigation in appellate courts as it relates to this role.
- Using various court filing systems, must have experience filing pleadings in state and federal Appellate Courts (including e-filing and e-service).
- Experience working in a mid to large size firm and collaborating with various firm-wide departments in the handling of various responsibilities, including case opening, conflicts checks, billing, training, records, etc.
- Effective oral and written communication skills needed to draft and proofread correspondence, pleadings, and other legal documents.
- Comprehensive understanding of the appellate court requirements for documents, filings, and timeframes.
- Experience tracking firm, attorney, and client expenses and using application software to process reimbursements and payments.
- Knowledge and ability to participate in the client billing process, including assisting attorneys in entering narratives, tracking billable tasks, making edits, calendaring billing due dates, and delivery of bills to clients in electronic and paper forms.
- Schedule state court hearings in accordance with court requirements.
- Understand court requirements to calculate deadlines and ensure they are met by the attorney and team.
- Schedule client appointments in coordination with the attorney.
- Possess some knowledge of special events planning and coordination to assist in organizing attorney.
- Manage electronic and paper case files.
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail and other correspondence. Answering, screening, directing and placing telephone calls and emails.
- Consistently deliver outstanding client service and quality.
- COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIRED.