Experienced Litigation Legal Assistant needed for central Tampa law firm with a focus in debt collections (retail and commercial ); judgment enforcement; judgment localization; homeowners’ association collections; residential and commercial mortgage foreclosures; lease collections; secured transactions; lien enforcement; construction lien enforcement among other areas. Consumer debt collection experience is helpful but not required. Litigation experience is required. COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIRED.
- Must have previous law firm experience, specifically litigation.
- Must be able to type quickly and accurately.
- Must have experience with e-filing, managing the calendar for two attorneys, calendaring, scheduling hearings with Judicial Assistants using JAWS/JACS portal, and preparing pleadings and correspondence.
- Must communicate clearly, accurately and tactfully with clients, court personnel, debtors and legal team at all times.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Must have strong knowledge of legal terminology, court rules/procedures and E-filing procedures.
- Should be knowledgeable of the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act of the Federal Trade Commission)
Firm uses Microsoft Office (Word/Outlook/Excel/PowerPoint), PC Law, Constant Contact and various media and marketing tools. Firm provides an excellent benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays and free parking. Employees enjoy a 40-hour work week with one hour for lunch. Overtime is rare, allowing employees to have a balanced work/home life. Firm also awards discretionary bonuses and provides employees with annual reviews at the end of each year!
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.