Mid-sized, well-established regional insurance defense law firm is immediately seeking an energetic Legal Assistant with at least 3 to 5 years of experience in the full insurance defense litigation cycle, including first party property, homeowners, auto claims, and slip and fall accidents.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide legal support in a busy insurance defense firm
- Transcription of legal documents, i.e., Complaints, deposition/medical records summaries with precise terminology and speed
- Coordinate and confirm meetings, hearings, mediation and deposition schedules
- Field incoming inquiries regarding Court related details;
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Communicate legal details to clients in a clear and precise manner
- Maintain an updated and accurate calendar, perform clerical duties in a timely manner to include faxes, copies, incoming/outgoing mail, research, retrieve and update information in client case files, computer directories and discs
- Respond to clients in a professional manner at all times to best represent the firm and expand business
- Provide clerical assistance and instruction to co-workers as needed
- Opening new matters, maintain professional office environment and promote a positive image for the firm.
- Familiarity with Florida Rules of Civil Procedure as well as Federal and Local Rules of the Middle District of Florida is a MUST as well as the ability to work well in a teamwork driven environment managing fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Outlook/Excel), Orion, State and Federal e-Filing and have a fast and accurate typing speed.
What We Offer:
- Annual contribution towards medical cover through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Vision, dental, AFLAC
- Paid Parking
- 401(k) after one year with an annual contribution by firm of 3% of salary
- Long term disability
- Paid holidays
- Benefits start on the first day of the month after completion of 30 days of employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.