Established Tampa law firm seeks a full time Probate Paralegal. This is a great opportunity to join a top firm in the area! Successful candidates must have at least 5 years of Paralegal experience in probate and trust administration.
Ideal candidate must be able to handle an entire probate case from start to finish, feel comfortable speaking with clients, handling intakes, preparing retainer agreements, petitions, motions and other pleadings, can independently follow up on open items. Ideal candidate must have excellent writing and organizational skills and be able work both independently and with other team members as needed. Must be able to work with multiple attorneys. Billing time is mandatory and punctuality is a must.
- Interact and communicate with clients, fiduciaries and opposing counsel;
- Organize and maintain client files;
- Calendar and manage deadlines;
- Draft probate and trust administration pleadings and correspondence;
- Draft and revise estate planning documents;
- Prepare asset lists, analyze records, and determine beneficiaries;
- Keep track of billable time;
- E-file court documents;
- Coordinate telephone calls and hearings; and
- Perform various administrative work required to organize and maintain files (copying, scanning, faxing, etc.); and
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Fiduciary accounting knowledge a plus.
- Have 5 years of paralegal experience in estate and trust administration
- Have knowledge of Florida Probate Court procedures, process and filings
- Be familiar with Florida Probate Code notice requirements
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Have exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Be knowledgeable of the probate process from start to finish, including settlements and contested matters
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain a professional and positive demeanor
- Have capacity to multi-task and remain organized
- Be able to complete tasks quickly and efficiently.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.