East Tampa cemetery association has an immediate need for a Sexton. Duties and responsibilities for this temporary to permanent position will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Maintaining all written and data collection records required for the operation of the cemetery, including Data Collection Forms, Leads Books, Burial Books, Garden Books, Headstones Book, and Time Payment Book
- Review, correct, and report any deed violations on burial spaces to make them in compliance.
- Enter data into database software and checking to ensure the accuracy of the data that has been inputted
- Research and conduct data to prepare documents for review and presentation for boards of directors, committees, and executives.
- Using the OHC survey marker system to mark plots: for vault companies to set vaults, for funeral homes to bury the dead, and for monument companies to set a Headstone.
- Provide general administrative support.
The ideal candidate will have a High school diploma or an Associate or Arts or Science degree, experience as an Administrative Assistant or in a related field, ability to organize a daily workload by priorities. In-depth understanding of the entire MS Office Suite is required. The Sexton/Administrative Assistant must be able to use a measuring device accurately, possess a professional level of verbal and written communications skills, have the ability to work independently yet accurately with limited supervision; and be able to be cash bonded. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus, but is not required. The hours for this temporary to permanent position are Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The competitive pay for this position is $16-$20/hr. for this one year renewable contract, if applicable.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.