Tampa office of a national law firm is currently seeking an experienced Litigation Paralegal to join its growing Tampa Office. Ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of proven trial and litigation experience, primarily in general liability claims and nursing home cases and preferably some healthcare litigation experience. Insurance defense is preferred. This is a long-term temporary position with the potential to become permanent. Salary DOE.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Review and organize all records, documents and deposition testimony to ensure completeness of all file materials – extensive document management
- Review and summarize information, including medical (chronologies) and billing records, relevant to the case obtained through discovery requests, depositions and non-party discovery.
- Draft correspondence, discovery, discovery responses, mediation and arbitration briefs, pleadings, motions, and reports upon request of attorney.
- Conduct all aspects of non-party discovery.
- Coordinate with parties, witnesses and experts regarding interviews and meetings, including taking written statements if needed.
- Coordinate and attend site and document inspections, as required.
- Review all documents being produced for any privileged information and prepare privilege logs, as necessary.
- Conduct research through the library – both manual and electronic, as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of the case for trial by drafting and preparing pre-trial documentation, including opening statements, jury questionnaires, jury instructions, and motions in limine; contacting witnesses and preparing subpoenas as necessary; prepare attorney trial notebooks, as well as witness/exhibit binders.
- In some cases, the paralegal will be required to attend trial and jury selection, as well as meetings with witnesses and experts.
- May provide computer litigation support through Concordance, Casemap/Textmap and/or Relativity.
- Bachelor’s or Paralegal degree is preferred.
- Experience in Trial Preparation and Attendance is preferred.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (including PowerPoint), CM/ECF, and Lexis Advance required.
To apply for this job please visit www.infinitytalentfl.com.